How to choose correct ironmongery
We know that choosing the correct number and type of accessories for your doors can be complicated and often confusing. To help with this we have created a table that you can fill in at your convenience.
All we need to know is the following:
- Are your doors non-fire or FD30 fire rated?
- How many of your doors are bathroom or toilet doors? (We have assumed that you would want to lock your bathroom doors with a thumb turn – otherwise known as turn and release. A bathroom door set will consist of a pair of handles, a bathroom lock, a bathroom turn and release and relevant number of hinges*)
- How many of your doors do you wish to lock with a key? (A lockable door set will consist of a pair of handles, 3 lever lock, 2 matching key hole covers otherwise known as escutcheons and relevant number of hinges*)
- We assume that all the other doors will be operated by a handle and will not require any locking device. (A latched door set will consist of pair of handles, a flat latch and relevant number of hinges*)
Hinges are calculated as follows:
Non-fire doors – 2 per door
FD30 fire doors – 3 per door*
*Hinges are sold as pairs (packs of 2), our table will calculate how many pairs of hinges you will need. If you purchase an odd number of fire doors you will have 1 single hinge left over. All hinges sold by Modern Doors Ltd. are FD30 certified.
Input the correct number into the 4 input fields.
- How many single doors in total
- How many of your single doors are fire doors
- How many of your doors are for a bathroom or toilet
- How many of your doors do you want to lock with a key
|How many single doors in total?|
|How many of your doors are fire doors?|
|How many of your doors are for a bathroom or toilet?|
|How many of your doors do you want to lock with a key?|
|Number of latched doors|
|Number of non fire doors|
|You need to buy||Quantities|
|No of pairs of handles needed|
|No of pairs of hinges needed|
|No of bathroom locks|
|No of 3 lever locks|
|No of flat latches|
|No of thumbturns|
|No of escutcheons|